Smith Douglas Homes has earned the rank of one of the top ten of the fastest growing new home builders in the country! Located in Georgia, we continue to expand with 25-30 fast growing communities located throughout north metro Atlanta. We are seeking a builder to help us keep up with our growth.
To manage home building within a Smith Douglas Homes community ensuring that all homes built within schedule and to the highest standards of quality, efficiency, cost control, and customer satisfaction.
Essential Functions: Core duties or tasks that are fundamental and not marginal to the performance of the job.
- Use SMART to retrieve reports required for job.
- Manage the construction of homes by using SMART generated schedule.
- Plan frame start and monitor progress.
- Check/count material to verify quantities against a PO.
- Complete municipality and internal inspections (foundation, framing and QC).
- Complete site inspection form.
- Ensure that Trade Partners’ work is up to spec (scope of work) and complete as per schedule.
- Identify Trade Partners with delinquencies and negotiate completion as per schedule.
- Hold trades accountable for inadequate performance.
- Work with trades to find a win-win scenario when an issue occurs.
- Identify need for new Trade Partner when necessary.
- Ensure homes meet quality and construction standards and printed specifications.
- Manage cost to meet budgets.
- Determine net cost of VPO and negotiate re-work when necessary.
- Achieve acceptance of home through quality assurance process.
- Perform homeowner orientations and acceptance walks with customers.
- Work with Sales Agents to resolve customer concerns, attend weekly community meeting.
- Obtain Building C.O.
- Ensure community cleanliness.
- Convert model home as required for sale.
- Review and enforce work place safety requirements. (Logging infractions and incidents)
- Keep an accurate record of Rain events with-in the community
Smith Douglas offers a generous benefits package including medical and dental insurance and a 401(k) plan with a company match. This is a full-time, regular, exempt position and will be paid via W-2 earnings.
Smith Douglas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
To view the full job description, click here.