Smith Douglas Homes has earned the rank of one of the top ten of the fastest growing new home builders in the country! Located in Georgia, we continue to expand with 25-30 fast growing communities located throughout north metro Atlanta. We are seeking an Estimator in Forsyth, Cherokee, Bartow, Hall, Gwinnett, Clayton, Coweta, Henry and Paulding Counties to help us keep up with our growth. If this sounds like you, read on!
This position is responsible for providing accurate and efficient system structures to generate control documents to our builders and trade partners in order to drive precision field execution and conformance to Smith Douglas standards.
Essential Functions: Core duties or tasks that are fundamental and not marginal to the performance of the job.
- Create and maintain standard and option estimates in SMART.
- Accurately perform quantity takeoffs of new plans and enter into plan structure format of the SMART database.
- Support Builders with knowledge of SMART and other construction related areas.
- Promote new strategies and specifications for cost savings and quality improvement in estimate, accuracy and efficiency.
- Perform variance and cost analysis.
- Resolve cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Provide support to Head Estimator on a regular basis. Provide support to VP of Trade Services/Estimating and VP of Production on an as needed basis.
- Modify P.O.’s when necessary, create variances.
- Resolve PCR’s (Plan Change Requests)
- Analyze estimate quantities based on historical data.
- Review estimate changes in monthly cost books.
Smith Douglas offers a generous benefits package including medical and dental insurance and a 401(k) plan with a company match. This is a full-time, regular, exempt position and will be paid via W-2 earnings.
Smith Douglas is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
To view the full job description, click here.