At Smith Douglas Homes, we pride ourselves on being one of the fastest growing, privately owned home building companies in the country. Due to our rapid growth, we are looking for a Warranty Representative in our Birmingham, Alabama office. Smith Douglas Homes is proud to offer a competitive benefits package to our employees as well as a family type work environment.
Manage the warranty process for a designated geographic area.
Essential Functions: Core duties or tasks fundamental and not marginal to the performance of the job.
1. Conduct inspections and customer service on closed homes.
2. Contact Trade Partner to schedule warranty work as necessary.
3. Complete minor warranty work as necessary and request information be recorded in SMART.
4. Resolve routine warranty requests.
5. Confirm scheduling and inspect warranty work performed by Trade Partners.
6. Conduct QA inspection and acceptance, using QA checklist.
7. Identify Trades with delinquencies and expedite completion.
8. Be available for after hours service “on call” duties, on a rotating basis with other Warranty Reps.
9. Provide emergency services as required in the community.
10. Perform daily scheduled warranty as required.
11. Provide information to Warranty Manager for product improvement.
12. Perform maintenance work on model homes.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education: High School
Licenses, Certifications, etc: Driver’s License, satisfactory driving history
Experience: Minimum of 1 year of customer service experience and residential construction or similar industry.
Technical/Professional Skills: Phone skills
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Internet, SMART
• Basic Math Skills
• Works Alone
• Works w/others
• Verbal contact w/others
• Work with computer and office equipment
• Good communication skills – Stay professional when dealing with agitated Customers.
• Customer orientation – Ability to empathize with Customer situation.
• Detail oriented
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Smart Phone
• Reliable transportation (prefer truck)
• Construction tools
This job description is a summary of the duties associated with the named position. While every effort has been made to make this description as complete as possible, this description is not intended to be a complete and inclusive list of all duties and responsibilities related to any one position. Smith Douglas reserves the right to modify what is summarized in this job description as business necessity and efficiency deem appropriate. Smith Douglas is an “at-will” employer, meaning that an associate’s employment has no specified term and that the employment relationship may be terminated any time at the will of either party on notice to the other.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
New home builder Smith Douglas Homes has over 40 years of experience in the business and is widely recognized for constructing quality homes at affordable prices in the places you want to live. At Smith Douglas, you can be assured that your new home is crafted with quality, built with integrity and will retain value for life. Through our proven, disciplined operations, we reduce costs and deliver quality craftsmanship, which translates into a well-constructed home at a price you can afford. We believe that the Smith Douglas Culture will allow everyone involved in the homebuying process to have a positive experience. From our home office in Woodstock, GA to our construction managers and trade partners, our team works like a family, which allows us to deliver excellent service to our customers, because at the end of the day, our customers are part of the Smith Douglas Family too.