At Smith Douglas Homes, we pride ourselves on being one of the fastest growing, privately owned home building companies in the country. Due to our rapid growth, we are looking for a Marketing Coordinator for our Charlotte, NC office. Smith Douglas Homes is proud to offer a competitive benefits package to our employees as well as a family type work environment.
To contribute to the operational success of the Charlotte Division by executing all necessary marketing functions and acting as an ambassador for the Smith Douglas Homes brand in the local market. Serve as co-owner of website, community presentation, signage and event planning.
Essential Functions: Core duties or tasks fundamental and not marginal to the performance of the job.
1. Collaborate with Sales to identify overall marketing priorities based on factors such as sales, traffic and closings goals along with available budget and other resources.
2. Uphold the consistency of the Smith Douglas Homes brand and its promise of providing affordable choice by utilizing established brand standards for all communications.
3. Determine compelling key reasons to purchase a new home in each community and incorporate them into marketing communications (online copy, email messaging, signage, point-of-sale, etc.).
4. Maintain smithdouglas.com website pages pertaining to the Charlotte market and its communities, making frequent updates to ensure that online information is always as comprehensive and accurate as possible (e.g. photography & video content, sales agent information, office hours & directions, available plans & homes, pricing, lot maps, area points of interest, schools, offers & incentives, etc.).
5. Become well-versed in the company email platform, Sharp Spring, and deploy relevant messages consistently to stay engaged with our lead bank.
6. Manage all community signage including onsite, offsite, weekend directional and billboards, if applicable.
7. Apply principles of marketing to create and communicate a sense of urgency among buyers.
8. Work with Support Center to leverage promotional materials (campaigns, templates, best practices).
9. Assist Sales in the opening & close-out of community sales centers and act as a liaison with digital marketing partners to keep communities active in Google MyBusiness, paid search, Facebook, etc.
10. Coordinate with other key stakeholders in the Division to ensure that model home presentation is inviting to its target audience and that community appearance is clean & well-kept.
11. Develop a working knowledge of Google Analytics & the proprietary Smith Douglas SMART system so that results of marketing activities can be measured; ensure that a sufficient volume of website visitors, online leads, and physical traffic is being generated to deliver sales goals.
12. Attend weekly Sales meetings and provide updates as needed.
13. Execute necessary events such as realtor luncheons, grand opening public relations events, and consumer sales events.
14. Administer the Division’s and each community’s marketing budgets and manage expenditures accordingly.
15. Properly code and process invoices from marketing partners.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Education & Experience: College degree in marketing or related field or a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a marketing position.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, including basic Word, Excel & Powerpoint; in addition, develop a working knowledge of these systems in use at Smith Douglas Homes:
- SMART (a single, schedule-driven, real-time integrated company system)
- Website Content Management System (currently BDX platform).
- Digital Asset Management System (a repository for photography & video content).
- Sharp Spring email platform.
- Rendering House app (houses Smith Douglas product library).
- Google Analytics.
- Adobe suite (e.g. photoshop) is preferred, but not required.
• Reading & Writing
• Basic Math Skills
• Works alone and with others
• Verbal contact w/others
• Local travel via personal vehicle
• Able to multi-task
• Attention to detail
• Works indoors and outdoors
• Works with computer and office equipment
• Ability to collaborate & foster teamwork
• Good communication skills
• Represents a voice-of-the-customer perspective
This job description is a summary of the duties associated with the named position. While every effort has been made to make this description as complete as possible, this description is not intended to be a complete and inclusive list of all duties and responsibilities related to any one position. Smith Douglas reserves the right to modify what is summarized in this job description as business necessity and efficiency deem appropriate. Smith Douglas is an “at-will” employer, meaning that an associate’s employment has no specified term and that the employment relationship may be terminated any time at the will of either party on notice to the other.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
New home builder Smith Douglas Homes has over 40 years of experience in the business and is widely recognized for constructing quality homes at affordable prices in the places you want to live. At Smith Douglas, you can be assured that your new home is crafted with quality, built with integrity and will retain value for life. Through our proven, disciplined operations, we reduce costs and deliver quality craftsmanship, which translates into a well-constructed home at a price you can afford. We believe that the Smith Douglas Culture will allow everyone involved in the homebuying process to have a positive experience. From our home office in Woodstock, GA to our construction managers and trade partners, our team works like a family, which allows us to deliver excellent service to our customers, because at the end of the day, our customers are part of the Smith Douglas Family too.