Smith Douglas Homes Path To Purchase
Smith Douglas Homes is excited to share our new home opportunities available in the Atlanta, GA market area. While we are experiencing limited supply of homesites and high market demand in certain communities, we are committed to following a fair process with all interested customers. The path to purchase is intended to educate potential buyers so they are prepared when homesites are released. Please speak to our New Home Specialists in your preferred community to learn more about the steps to get started.
The Path to Purchase:
Begin the Pre-Qualification process or verify Proof-of-Funds with your choice of one of our Preferred Lenders* that can be found on our website. Use This Link To Get Started
Once this is complete, you should continue working on securing a mortgage with one of our Preferred Lenders, or the lender of your choice, to firm up your pre-qualification.
- Register online to receive timely marketing messages and stay up to date on community milestones via email.
- Meet with us! Set a meeting with a New Home Specialist in your preferred community for a one-on-one appointment. Your home buying journey is important to us, and we’d like to help make it as enjoyable as possible. At this appointment, you may:
- Meet with the New Home Specialist to learn about the community.
- Review plans and homesites to identify your preference and take home a personalized brochure of your choices.
- Learn more about our Preferred Lenders and the Pre-Qualification process and timing.
- Create a quote for your home, building your home on paper!
For Communities with a Priority Waiting List:
- As homesites are released for sale, the New Home Specialist will review the pool of interested buyers that have followed this process and will call to schedule your appointment.
- Should our offerings at that time, not be a fit, we will move on to the next customer and you can choose whether you wish to remain in the pool of interested buyers. Any homesites not accepted during this process will be marketed and sold traditionally, first come, first serve.
Details to Note:
- Due to the high level of demand in some communities, we will not be accepting contingencies on contracts.
- Be prepared at contract signing to provide an initial 3% Good Faith Deposit and a 50% options deposit.
- Please speak to your New Home Specialist to ensure the construction timelines in your community fit your schedule and needs.
- In this current unprecedented market we are not focusing on investor sales; instead we are concentrating on the needs of primary residence purchasers.
- Due to rising material & labor costs, we anticipate base prices to increase as our communities continue to release homesites, please be aware that your quote may differ from actual contract price.
- We understand that for some, due to timing or other reasons, the initial community may no longer be on your consideration list. We invite you to explore other Smith Douglas Homes locations in the Atlanta area. If you are no longer interested in our community, you may let us know by emailing your New Home Specialist. Include the community name and Unsubscribe in the subject line, so we can adjust your communication settings accordingly.