Tuesday November 17, 2015
There’s a saying in real estate, “Location, location, location!” Many home buyers are focused intently on the home’s features, such as beautiful stone countertops, the number of bedrooms and bathrooms, and the square footage, which are all important. Equally important, though, is the neighborhood in which your new home is located. You can change countertops, but you cannot change the location of your home without starting the home buying process all over again. Save your future self the hassle of moving again by building your home in your dream neighborhood now.
What to Look for in Your Dream Neighborhood
There are several things that you should take into account when choosing which suburb you want to live in. By concentrating on the few criteria that are most important to you now and in the future, you can build a home that will serve your family for decades to come. Consider the following:
- Taxes and fees
- Community activities and amenities
- Good schools
- Culture and diversity
Georgia’s Best Neighborhoods
Whether you are a first-time homebuyer or looking to downsize, Georgia’s suburbs and neighborhoods have a lot to offer. With low crime rates, great schools, and a hometown vibe, these neighborhoods rank among Georgia’s best suburbs to buy a home according to Atlanta Business Chronicle:
- Holly Springs. With fun community events like a pumpkin carving contest and an annual Christmas parade, the holiday season comes alive in Holly Springs. Located 40 minutes north of Atlanta, Holly Springs is a growing community with a population just under 10,000 residents.
- Woodstock. Located 30 minutes north of Atlanta, the city of Woodstock is one of Georgia’s oldest towns. At over 100 years old, the city offers modern amenities like community parks and mountain bike trails. Enjoy a concert during the summer in The Park at City Center as part of The Woodstock Summer Concert Series or get down and dirty in Rope Mill Park’s Dirty Duathlon and 5K Trail Run.
- Canton. Just 10 minutes from Holly Springs along Interstate 575, Canton is the county seat of Cherokee County. Canton offers cultural and recreational amenities that make it worthy of being named one of Georgia’s best neighborhoods. The Cherokee County History Museum and numerous local historical landmarks will fascinate local history buffs while the downtown area supports local artisans and crafts workers providing a great shopping experience.
Let Smith Douglas Homes Build Your Dream Home in Your Dream Neighborhood
At Smith Douglas Homes, we know the value of a great location, which is why we have communities located in Georgia’s best neighborhoods. With affordable homes throughout metro-Atlanta, contact one of our New Home Specialists or click on the following links to learn more about our top rated communities:
- Holly Springs: North Village at Harmony on the Lakes
- Woodstock: Cornerstone Manor, Water’s Edge at River Park, Woodstock Village
- Canton: Cherokee Reserve, Curtis Farm, Iris Park, River Brooke, Station at Prominence
Are you ready to begin the home buying journey? Contact us today to get started.