Smith Douglas Homes Path To Purchase
Smith Douglas Homes is excited to share our new home opportunities available in our Huntsville, AL market area. While we are experiencing limited supply of homesites and high market demand in certain communities, we are committed to following a fair process with all interested customers. The path to purchase is intended to educate potential buyers to be prepared when our homesites are released, please speak to our New Home Specialists in your preferred community, to learn more about these steps to get started.
The Path to Purchase:
- Register online to receive timely marketing messages and stay up to date on community milestones via email.
- Meet with us. Set a meeting with a New Home Specialist in your preferred community for a one-on-one appointment. At this appointment, you’ll:
- Meet with the New Home Specialist to learn about the community.
- Review plans and homesites to identify your preference and take home a personalized brochure of your choices.
- Learn more about our Preferred Lenders and the Pre-Qualification process and timing.
- Create a quote for your home, building your home on paper!
- Once this is complete, you should continue working on securing a mortgage with either one of our preferred lenders or the lender of your choice to firm up your pre-qualification
- Begin the Pre-Qualification process or verify Proof-of-Funds with your choice of one of our Preferred Lenders* that can be found on our website. Use This Link to Get Started!
For Communities with High Demand or Waiting on Homesite Release:
- As homesites are released for sale, the New Home Specialist will review the pool of interested buyers that have followed this process and will call to schedule your appointment when we have a homesite available.
- Should our offerings at that time, not be a fit, we will move on to the next customer and you can choose whether you wish to remain in the pool of interested buyers. Any homesites not accepted in this process will be marketed and sold traditionally, first come, first serve.
Details to Note:
- Due to rising material & labor costs, we anticipate base prices to increase as the community continues to release homesites, please be aware that your quote may differ from actual contract price.
- Due to the high level of demand in some communities, we will not be accepting home-to-sell contingencies on contracts.
- Be prepared at contract signing to provide a minimum 1% Good Faith Deposit and a 50% option deposit.
- Please speak to your New Home Specialist to ensure the construction timelines in your community fit your schedule and needs.
- We understand that for some, due to timing or other reasons, the initial community may no longer be on your consideration list. We invite you to explore other Smith Douglas Homes locations in the Huntsville area. If you are no longer interested in our community, you may let us know by emailing generalinfoAL@smithdouglas.com . Include the community name and Unsubscribe in the Subject Line, so we can adjust your communication settings accordingly.
*A pre-qualification from a preferred lender does not guarantee a particular homesite, home pricing or final purchase. It also does not obligate you to use that Preferred Lender should you move forward with a purchase. It is simply the first required step in our process so that everyone has an equal opportunity to purchase here. The preferred lender will copy Smith Douglas Homes on the email confirming your pre-qualification is complete so that our sales team can set an appointment with you to discuss your next steps.